As the course is moving into its final phase, I have been looking over my inquiry process. Have I been focusing (not the spiral focus) too much on checking for student input and opinion instead of collecting student input on my hunches. Being observant within my classes I just assumed that what ever I came up with during Maths topics was relevant for the students. Maybe I should have gathered some data on students for my hunches to develop more of a focus for my class. Any thoughts from anyone else?
Activity 8: Key change in my professional practice
Activity 8: Key change in my professional practice 1) What? Reading other teachers' themes from Hack Education I really fall in the line of "in the future, education will be more collaborative through digital technologies, thus breaking down silos in departments. " This course has opened my eyes to linking my subject (Mathematics) into other subjects. I have had a chance to collaborate with two great teachers from my school and to reflect the integration of student collaboration with the use of digital technologies. Taking away the subject I have looked in depth toward a focal point of student engagement and transference of knowledge via a digital innovation. 2) So what? Looking at my practice and using Osterman and Kottkamp's (2015) cycle of experiential learning, I have almost completed my reflective journey. Stage 1: My problem was my close-mindedness of utilizing outside social media to strengthen and broaden possible digital technologies into...
I think it is important to gather student voice throughout the inquiry process, but for this assessment we are planning the inquiry process so having student voice is not necessary. Which does not mean you should not do it just that is in not required.
ReplyDeleteThe planning process does make me want to jump straight in and get some feedback to hear what my students have to say.